A cyberattack targeted the systems of the Contagem City Hall in Brazil, prompting the administration to temporarily restrict access to protect system integrity. While officials said the data remained safe with no leak reported, sources indicated that institutional email accounts, including Mayor Ricardo Faria’s, may have been compromised. #Contagem #RicardoFaria #ContagemCityHall
Information
- Victim: Contagem City Hall
- Website: contagem.mg.gov.br
- Country: Brazil
- Date Reported: 2026-05-22
Keypoints
- Contagem City Hall was hit by a cyberattack on Friday, May 22.
- The administration said its data was preserved and no leak had been detected.
- Sources reported that institutional email accounts may have been compromised.
- Accounts belonging to senior employees, including Mayor Ricardo Faria, were mentioned as potentially affected.
- The municipality temporarily restricted access to help ensure system integrity.
Read More: https://ofator.com.br/informacao/prefeitura-de-contagem-sofre-ataque-cibernetico/